As an elected official, Mayor Hazelle P. Rogers has been a champion for people’s rights, equal access, quality education, affordable housing and economic opportunity.
- Served 12 years as Lauderdale Lakes Commissioner.
- Served 8 years as Florida State Representative for District 95, covering Tamarac, Lauderdale Lakes, Lauderhill, Plantation and Sunrise.
- Served 5 years as Mayor of Lauderdale Lakes.
- Served as President of the Broward League of Cities representing all 31 municipalities in Broward County.
- Visionary behind the Lauderdale Lakes Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) that benefitted businesses and multifamily development.
- Instrumental in adding an overlay zone to Lauderdale Lakes local zoning that will benefit multifamily residential homes on 31st Ave while engaging other cities on the roadway improvement path from Broward Blvd. to McNab Road.
- Worked with South Florida Planning Council on the State Road 7 collaborative as member of the 3-city Foundation member initiative.